Individual Giving Manager - Cool Culture
Cool Culture is seeking an experienced Individual Giving Manager who will complement the Development team in identifying, cultivating and raising funds through funder relationships. The Individual Giving Manager will have primary responsibility for leading the organization's annual giving efforts, assisting with setting strategy and executing fundraising plans for sustaining and growing the number of annual donors, the size of individual donations, and converting annual donors to major donors. The Individual Giving Manager will support Major Giving efforts of the Director of Development, Executive Director and members of the Board of Directors and assist fundraising events. The Individual Giving Manager will report to the Director of Development.
The broad responsibilities and duties of the Individual Giving Manager include:
● Develop and implement strategies for solicitation that will grow annual revenue from individuals: manage all appeal campaigns, manage and monitor online giving initiatives, work collaboratively with other program areas to advance fundraising goals; meet with funders as determined by the Director of Development;
● Oversee database management, gift processing, development and fulfillment of donor benefits, gift recognition donor correspondence, and mailings.
● Coordinate events logistics to ensure an exceptional donor experience, with a focus on cultivation and stewardship.
● Implement membership programs and small donor cultivation events;
● Assist the Director of Development with the support of the Development Assistant to implement fundraising strategy and logistics for fundraising events, including annual benefit;
● Assist new funder prospecting, including: research, analysis of fit, and proposal/grant writing;
● Assist the Director of Development and Executive Director to provide support to the Board for fundraising initiatives;
● Work with communications team to develop strategies for development presence in all communications and marketing, and to ensure proper development presence on the website;
● Maintain accurate and complete records of donor communications. Prepare regular reports on all campaign activities;
● Monitor revenue and expenses related to membership and individual giving; support Director of Development in areas of development reporting;
● Assume other tasks and responsibilities as needed.
● Bachelor's Degree and 5-7 years of fundraising experience; or an equivalent combination of education/experience;
● Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word; familiarity with fundraising databases
● Proven communications skills including experience in writing direct mail appeals, e-appeals, websites, and social media communications; Direct marketing, special event, and development experience preferred;
● Outgoing personality and ability to initiate and enjoy direct communication with donors and potential donors; customer-service orientation;
● Highly motivated and energetic, ability to show initiative and work independently; Outstanding interpersonal skills, project coordination experience, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as outside clients and vendors;
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills; Experience in the areas of organizational planning and management;
● Experience with budgeting, planning and project administration;
● Ability to handle diverse, simultaneous tasks, meet deadlines, and attend to follow through;
● Experience with a Social Justice organization and knowledge of the arts philanthropic community preferred;
● Evenings and weekends are required on occasion.
Cool Culture is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply. This position is open until filled. Please feel free to visit us at www.coolculture.org.
How To Apply
To apply, please submit (1) resume, (2) salary requirements, and (3) cover letter to: Roseann Evans, Director of Development, at firstname.lastname@example.org, which includes answers to the following questions:
(1) Have you been responsible for leading a major fundraising event? (150 words max)
(2) Please describe your experience working with a Board of Directors? (150 words max)
(3) Please share an example of how you have cultivated an individual donor and provide specifics about your strategy, process, and outcomes. (150 words max)
ABOUT COOL CULTURE
Founded in 1999, Cool Culture is a New York City-based nonprofit that aims to amplify the voices of families and strengthen the power of historically marginalized communities through engagement with art and culture, both within cultural institutions and beyond. To achieve these goals, Cool Culture partners with 90 cultural institutions, and over 400 Early Childhood Centers and Department of Education schools. Currently, we reach 50,000 diverse New York City families each year. Cool Culture programs center upon art, cultural engagement and social justice as a channels for:
● Building awareness, cultural equity and collaborative relationships
● Strengthening family engagement and community well-being
● Stimulating early childhood education
● Activating leadership within our communities
Cool Culture is an outcomes-driven organization. We are a small and resourceful team that wear multiple hats. As a staff, we seek clear direction while also being comfortable with ambiguity, and understand the importance of being agile and nimble in achieving our mission. For more information about Cool Culture, please visit: www.coolculture.org.