Manager of Communications - Morgan Library & Museum
The Morgan Library & Museum has an opening for a Manager of Communications reporting to the Director of Communications and Marketing. This position manages and implements the Morgan’s media cultivation process, facilitates media partnerships, maintains the media database, and shapes media planning and placements efforts in order to build awareness and generate excitement about the Morgan’s exhibitions, education programs, and other activities.
Interacting closely with the Morgan’s various departments, the Manager of Communications writes press releases, media alerts, and other communications content and helps to define promotional strategies for a wide variety of Morgan initiatives. The position prepares and oversees the compilation and distribution of press materials and maintains the Morgan’s online media center and media database. This position cultivates and maintains key relationships with the arts media and also organizes press previews for the Morgan's seasonal exhibitions, as well as an annual media preview.
The Manager of Communications is charged with shaping media partnerships on behalf of the institution under the guidance of the Director of Communications and Marketing. As an extension of this partnership work, the position also develops strategic paid media plans.
Additional responsibilities include maintaining regular interaction with the Senior Manager of Digital Media to keep press, exhibition, program, and other information on the Morgan's website up-to-date and fresh
The Morgan Library & Museum is committed to diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. The Morgan strongly encourages applicants with a demonstrated commitment to fostering diversity, inclusion, and gender equity in programming, outreach, hiring and collection development.
- Bachelor's degree in a humanities field
- At least three to four years of media relations work at a major cultural institution, comparable non-profit environment, or agency
- Superior verbal and written communications skills
- Positive working relationships with members of the media
- Adept at working in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, and other creative programs
- Demonstrable experience in shaping editorial strategies for digital platforms
- A working understanding of media planning and placement
- Strong organizational skills and ability to manage several projects simultaneously with attention to detail
- Ability to function with diplomacy and tact with colleagues from many different departments
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required
Compensation: Commensurate with experience; excellent benefit plan
To apply: Interested applicants should e-mail a cover letter with salary requirements and resume to Human Resources at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that due to the high volume of applicants, we are only able to contact those candidates whose skills and background best fit our needs.
The Morgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex (including gender expression), national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, marital status or domestic violence victim status.