Research Assistant, European Art - Dallas Museum of Art
Application: A short writing sample (5 pages maximum) must be submitted with application. The writing sample may be uploaded as an additional document to the online application.
Mission: The Dallas Museum of Art is a space of wonder and discovery where art comes alive.
The DMA will:
• Place art and our diverse communities at the center around which all activities radiate.
• Pursue excellence in collecting and programming, present works of art across cultures and time, and be a driving force in contemporary art.
• Strengthen our position as a prominent, innovative institution, expanding the meaning and possibilities of learning and creativity.
Scope of Position:
The Research Assistant's primary responsibility is to provide research and administrative support for two major international loan exhibitions featuring the work of Juan Gris and Pablo Picasso, respectively. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, assisting exhibition curators with the following essential functions.
• Research and maintenance of exhibition checklists
• Serving as the curatorial project liaison with the Exhibitions, Interpretation and Design, Publications, Development, Events Planning, Marketing, and PR departments
• Drafting loan letters, correspondence, and exhibition didactics
• Assisting with all aspects of exhibition catalog production
• Assisting with grant applications, as well as U.S. Government Indemnity and Immunity
• Developing and conducting tours of featured exhibitions
Education, Experience, and Certification:
• Ph.D. or doctoral candidate preferred, minimum MA in art history, with a specialty in Cubism
• Advanced reading and writing skills in Spanish
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Candidate must have excellent research and writing skills
• Display strong interpersonal, organizational, and time management skills
• Possess the ability to work autonomously as well as collaboratively on a team
• Be an efficient communicator with ease speaking publicly
• Command of Microsoft Office suite, including PowerPoint
• Experience with databases/content management systems is preferred
The Dallas Museum of Art is committed to building a culturally diverse staff and is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics.