Visitor Services Associate - 9/11 Memorial Museum
Visitor services associates will carry out the daily on-site operations of the 9/11 Memorial Museum, providing a safe, informative and meaningful visitor experience. Visitor services associates enhance the Memorial Museum experience by facilitating the sale of tickets and entry into the museum, engaging and interacting with our visitors both within the Museum and on the Memorial Plaza and providing exceptional customer service.
• Execute all visitor services operational protocols to guarantee a safe and memorable experience for visitors to the 9/11 Memorial Museum.
• Sell tickets to visitors in a professional and courteous manner while also providing customer service regarding general customer inquiries.
• Process voucher redemption from third party vendors for Museum entry.
• Provide accurate information about the acquisition and usage of Museum tickets.
• Assist visitors who have reserved their tickets in advance through the “pick-up process.”
• Adhere to all Memorial and Museum policies, procedures, systems and standards, including excellent customer service standards.
• Distribute tickets and provide guidance to group leaders at the “Group CheckIn” location outside of the Museum Box Office.
• Direct visitors into queues to enable access, manage crowd control, and keep in communication with visitor services supervisors to ensure that knowledge of wait times is timely and accurate.
• Manage visitor flow by directing visitors inside and outside and to the proper access and egress of the Memorial & Museum.
• Scan and verify validity of visitor passes, allowing entry to the 9/11 Memorial Museum.
• Provide efficient customer service on-site, addressing any visitor needs related to the overall operation of the visitor services team.
• Accurately answer visitor questions, concerns and complaints promptly by efficiently utilizing information provided by the 9/11 Memorial during training.
• Provide support to other departments as needed. These include but are not limited to: public programs, retail, security, buildings & grounds, events and museum.
• Provide assistance to visitors with the services offered by Museum. These services include but are not limited to: coat check, audio guide rental, auditorium, and guided tours & membership.
• Utilize operational protocols for individual, group and special interest visitor access to the Memorial Museum.
• Provide directional information to visitors both within the Museum and on the Memorial Plaza.
• Provide visitors with accurate baseline information of the artifacts provided by 9/11 Memorial in training.
• Assist with occasional surveys of Memorial Museum visitors to acquire demographic and other beneficial information.
• Maintain a safe and unobstructed environment on the Memorial Plaza and within the Museum.
• Provide reliable information regarding daily operational events to supervisors for reporting purposes.
• Report any visitor concerns to supervisors quickly and efficiently and help provide solutions.
• Attend job-specific training programs for Visitor Services personnel as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Previous visitor services or admissions experience at a museum, similar attraction, front of house theater/arts/performing arts is required.
• Must be able to interact with the public and large groups.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred.
• Strong written and oral communication and analytical skills, cash handling, excellent attention to detail, exceedingly well-organized, conflict resolution ability, and a professional and flexible manner.
• Extremely personable and polite, comfortable and friendly while interacting with the public.
• Ability to recognize the importance of responsibility, authority and accountability.
• Possess strong public speaking skills and be comfortable speaking in front of large audience.
• A willingness to work non-traditional hours, think independently, take initiative, and meet deadlines.
• Experience with Gateway ticketing systems is beneficial.
• Must be available to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays.
• Ability to be on your feet for long stretches of times.
• Ability to interact well with a wide range of people and personalities of all levels within and outside the Memorial and Museum.
• Multi-lingual applicants with fluency in any languages other than English are encouraged to apply.
• This is an hourly part-time position.
• Job posts are both indoors and outdoors.
• Required uniforms will be provided.
• Schedules may be adjusted based on season and operational needs.
• Work at least one weekend day per week.
• Work on holidays when scheduled.
• Minimal lifting required.
• Have the willingness to work posts based on operational needs regardless of previous assignments.
HOW TO APPLY:
• Include job title in the email subject field.
• Please indicate the location where job posting was seen.
• Please submit a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Please visit our website at www.911memorial.org.